In PvP and in Sports: the Perils of Underestimating Your Opponent
The New England Patriots just staged one of the greatest comebacks in sports. Did the Falcons write them off? Were they overconfident going into the 4th quarter? In this episode, I explore the perils of underestimating your opponent in gaming PvP while drawing parallels to Super Bowl LI.
This episode also brings back recommendations! In a new segment titled, “Shit Worth Sharing,” I give a shout out to Black Sails.
- Greeting and intro; are you talking about sports? (01:08)
- “The Pats/Packers won the Super Bowl! It’s the greatest day of my life!” On the other hand, how sad. (02:28)
- Context: The Super Bowl is kind of a big deal (03:49)
- Making snap judgments about the Patriots and Falcons (06:26)
- Making snap judgments about PvP opponents (11:44)
- A heartbreaking tale of Mario Kart Double Dash (12:23)
- Falling into the trap of underestimating your opponent (18:12)
- Furthermore, the perils of writing off an opponent (20:00)
- SWS: Black Sails on Starz (33:14)
- Housekeeping and items of note with the show (40:30)